Dr. Elena Salerno MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)4121 Dutchmans Lane Suite 601 Louisville KY, 40207
Dr. Elena Salerno is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Louisville, KY. Dr. Salerno specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Salerno can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Salerno can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ Di Genova- Fac Di Med E Chirurgia- Genova- Italy 1988
University Genoa 1988
Universit‡ degli Studi di Genova Facolt‡ di Medicina e Chirurgia 1999
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Gestational Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Baylor College Of Med Houston Texas
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Elena Salerno MD's Practice location
Louisville, KY 40207Get Direction
Dr. Elena Salerno MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Salerno
- Can Melatonin Keep Breast Cancer at Bay and Improve Treatment?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women. Today, this type of cancer generally has a good prognosis: around 80% of women have a survival rate of 10 years or longer. This is partially due to the chemotherapeutic agent known as tamoxifen. ...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Know the Symptoms of Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer gradually develops when the healthy cells lining the cervix change and grow out of control. These changes lead to the formation of a mass, which is called a tumor. The tumor can either be benign (a tumor that is harmless) or malignant (cancerous and spreads to other parts of the...
- Gastrointestinal Pain in Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem affecting women in their reproductive age. It never occurs before puberty and it usually resolves after menopause.Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by the growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. There are two...
- How Does a Patient's Surgeon Influence Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions?
When a patient is diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first treatment options is to remove the affected tissue, typically through a mastectomy. In addition to a mastectomy, a patient may also undergo chemotherapy in order to eradicate traces of the disease that may remain or have spread beyond...
- What Exactly Does an OB-GYN Do?
IntroductionThe term "OB-GYN" is an abbreviation for obstetrician-gynecologist. An OB-GYN is a healthcare provider who specializes in female reproductive health, including pregnancy and childbirth. There are also OB-GYNs who offer general medical services that are similar to what primary care...
- Sean L. Francis1017 Lodge Hill Road Louisville Kentucky 40223
- Dr. Aaron D Stewart M.D.4130 Dutchmans Ln Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Danielle M Mann D.O.4901 W 79th St Burbank IL 60459
- Dr. Peter S Uzelac M.D.401 E Chestnut St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Steven T. Nakajima M.D.401 E Chestnut St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Steven H Pursell M.D.3991 Dutchmans Ln Louisville KY 40207