Dr. Jean Fils MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry3535 E. Fletcher Ave. Usf Psychiatry Tampa FL, 33613
Dr. Jean Fils is a psychiatrist practicing in Tampa, FL. Dr. Fils is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Fils diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Fils may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Fils treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Universidad Popular Autonoma De Puebla, Escuela De Medicina 1996
Universidad Popular AutÛnoma del Estado de Puebla Facultad de Medicina 1996
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- University of Kansas School of Medicine Program
Dr. Jean Fils MD's Practice location
Tampa, FL 33613Get Direction
Dr. Jean Fils MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fils
- Managing Anxiety Disorder Using BuSpar
What is anxiety?Anxiety is a general term that is often used to refer to disorders among individuals that cause nervousness, fear, stress, and worrying. These traits often impact human behavior and can turn into real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is temporary and vague. However, anxiety that turns...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- Dr. Dinar Sajan MD2655 FL-580 Clearwater FL 33761
- Dr. Milagros Oliviery-Lorenzo M.D.2670 Frisco Drive Clearwater Florida 33761
- Dr. Maria Theresa Caserta MD12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33612
- Dr. Reham A Sadek MD11428 n. 53rd st. Temple Terrace Tampa FL 33617
- Dr. Eric L Weinstock M.D.5005 W LAUREL ST Tampa FL 33618
- Dr. William Michael Hervey MD3515 E Fletcher Ave Tampa FL 33613