Dr. Anne-laura Cook is a hospitalist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Cook specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Cook manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Cook works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Baptist Health System
Dr. Anne-laura R Cook M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35209Get Direction
Birmingham, AL 35213Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205Get Direction
Dr. Anne-laura R Cook M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Children Who Have Low Levels of Vitamin D Are at Risk for Infection
A new study has shown that infants who are 3-months-old and have vitamin D levels lower than 25 nanomoles per liter (nmol/L) are two times more likely to have respiratory infections, when compared to children who have levels above 75 nmol/L. In this study, published in the journal Pediatrics,...
- Jillian Mercado Slays It on Beyoncé's Clothing Campaign
A couple of years ago Jillian Mercado, the 27-year-old New Yorker, was beginning to stand out as a fashion reference; she managed her own blog and jumped to fame for being the image of the Diesel and Nordstrom brands.And, soon after, Beyoncé, yes the Queen B, has chosen her to be the face of her...
- Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Lead to Anemia?
People with rheumatoid arthritis can sometimes feel extremely tired and weak, and they may think that this is a normal part of the disease. Chronic RA can cause fatigue and weakness, but these could also be warning signs of anemia.Rheumatoid arthritis can actually commonly get blood disorders,...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Gregory Wayne Ayers M.D.817 Princeton Ave Sw Birmingham AL 35211
- Dr. Allison Kiehl Beck M.D.1000 E Mountain Blvd Wilkes Barre PA 18711
- Dr. Taraneh Soleymani M.D.342 Learning Resources Ctr Birmingham AL 35294
- Dr. Susan Dotson Duong MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Laura Kay Buell M.D.619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249
- Dr. Wendell Dean Bell MD700 S Park St Madison WI 53715