Dr. Jigyasa Tewari practices Neuropathology in PITTSBURGH, PA. Dr. Tewari studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Jigyasa Tewari MD's Practice location
PITTSBURGH, PA 15206Get Direction
Jigyasa Tewari MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tewari
- Rebooting the Brain with Magnetic Waves May Improve Parkinson's Symptoms
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is emerging as the safest of brain resetting methods that can transform the way doctors treat many brain disorders, including Parkinson's disease.Science has long dreamt about the ability to selectively stimulate or inhibit various centers in a brain without...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Is a Massive Stroke?
A massive stroke occurs when the blood flow to the brain is interrupted. This deprives the brain tissues of enough oxygen. This may have devastating consequences. Usually, a massive stroke is fatal, making the recovery long and delicate. However, if a quick response is made, the victim can...
- What Is Latuda Used For?
Generic Name: LurasidoneBrand Name: LatudaWhat is Latuda?Latuda (lurasidone) is an antipsychotic medication that works by changing the effects of brain chemicals. This medication is used for the treatment of schizophrenia in individuals who are 13 years old and above, and bipolar depression in...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease in which the protective myelin sheath of the nerves is damaged, affecting the transmission of messages to and from the brain and spinal cord. This is a progressive, debilitating disease that results in nerve deterioration which is, unfortunately, an...
- Dr. Ruchi Wanchoo MD420 E. North Ave Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212
- Dr. Neil Amdur Busis M.D.532 S Aiken Ave Pittsburgh PA 15232
- Dr. Barbara K O'connell MD4310 Londonderry Rd Harrisburg PA 17109
- Dr. Marina Zaretskaya M.D.1350 Locust St Pittsburgh PA 15219
- Dr. Eileen M Rice M.D.200 Delafield Rd Pittsburgh PA 15215
- Dr. Stuart Lee Silverman M.D.5750 Centre Ave Pittsburgh PA 15206