Dr. Jay Stanley Luxenberg M.D.
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine302 Silver Ave San Francisco CA, 94112
Dr. Jay Luxenberg practices Geriatric Medicine in San Francisco, CA. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Luxenberg works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- Clinical issues in the behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia.
- Review: selegiline leads to a small short-term improvement in cognition and activities of daily living in Alzheimer disease.
- Review: selegiline leads to a small short term improvement in cognition and activities of daily living in Alzheimer's disease.
- Atypical antipsychotics in the management of psychosis in nursing-home patients.
- Psychiatric services in nursing homes in Israel: should the American legislation be adopted?
- Overcoming a prejudice against qualitative studies.
- Effect of timed bright light treatment for rest-activity disruption in institutionalized patients with Alzheimer's disease.
- Effect of morning bright light treatment for rest-activity disruption in institutionalized patients with severe Alzheimer's disease.
- Light treatment for neuropsychiatric behaviors in Alzheimer's disease.
- Reducing the likelihood of long-stay nursing facility placement through health
- A quantitative study of intracranial calcification in dementia of the Alzheimer type.
- Cognitive impairment on a rehabilitation service.
- Medical considerations of geriatric dentistry.
- Differentiating behavioral disturbances of dementia from symptoms of delirium.
- Misclassification and selection bias when identifying Alzheimer's disease solely from Medicare claims records.
- Clinical Ctr At The Nih, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Mount Zion M C Univ Ca, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Mount Zion M C Univ Ca, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jay Stanley Luxenberg M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94112Get Direction
Dr. Jay Stanley Luxenberg M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Luxenberg
- What You Need to Know About Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a medical condition that if diagnosed on time could be preventable and successfully treatable. In literal terms, osteoporosis means ‘bones with holes’. It is often called “the silent thief” because bone loss occurs without symptoms.But what is osteoporosis? According to WHO...
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- Dr. Ahmed El-Ghoneimy M.D.1341 South Eliseo Drive Greenbrae California 94904
- Dr. Elise Singer MD1569 Sloat Blvd San Francisco CA 94132
- Dr. Stephen J. Bonasera MD400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jamehl Demons Shegog MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Steven J Rosenthal M.D.13847 E 14th St San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Yeran Bao M.D.3801 Miranda Ave Palo Alto CA 94304