Dr. Kimberly Cockerham is an ophthalmologist practicing in the Central Valley of California. Dr. Cockerham specializes in oculofacial plastics, orbital disease and neuro-ophthalmology. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Cockerham takes of medical issues that require medications and performs both cosmetic and reconstructive. Clinical interests include eyelid and orbital oncology, thyroid eye disease, aging changes of the eyelids and face, cranial nerve dysfunction and optic nerve disorders. For more information, visit CockerhamMD.com
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Retained stenting material: an unusual cause of dacryocystorhinostomy failure.
- Ophthalmic manifestations of infections caused by the USA300 clone of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Periorbital zygomycosis (mucormycosis) treated with posaconazole.
- Use of lone star elastic stay hooks in orbital surgery.
- Atypical presentations of pleomorphic adenoma of the lacrimal gland.
- Botulinum toxin A therapy for medial rectus injury during endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Growth of a presumed orbital venous anomaly during pregnancy with spontaneous resolution postpartum.
- Visual performance and the ocular surface in traumatic brain injury.
- Visual quality of life in veterans with blast-induced traumatic brain injury.
- Closed-globe injuries of the ocular surface associated with combat blast exposure.
- Automated Perimetry and Visual Dysfunction in Blast-Related Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Novel Approach to Skin Closure Following Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty.
- Orbital disease, optic nerve and chiasm.
- The prevalence and implications of ocular hypertension and glaucoma in thyroid-associated orbitopathy.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor Stanford Department of Ophthalmology 2006 - 2018
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Oculofacial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Walter Reed Army Med Center 1988
- Army Med Coll, Quaid-e-Azam Univ, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Army Med Coll, Quaid-e-Azam Univ, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Founder, Let's Face It Together
- Letterman Army Medical Center (General Surgery)
- Allegheny General Hospital (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery) (Neuro-Ophthalmology); Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (Operation Desert Storm, Somalia)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Surgeons, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, California Academy Of Eye Physicians And Surgeons, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, The California Society Of Facial Plastic Surgery, The American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Articles and Publications
- -Book: Diagnosis and Management of Orbital Disease -section Editor for Ocular Surgery News and EyeNet -health advisor and contributor for Men??s Health -over 100 other articles published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having a passion for what she does and the rewards she finds in her work.
Dr. Kimberly P. Cockerham MD's Practice location
Los Altos, CA 94022Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kimberly P. Cockerham MD | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kimberly P. Cockerham MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cockerham
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- What is Dry Eye?
Dry eyes are a condition in which the eyes do not get enough moisture and lubrication from tears. It is the tears that provides constant moisture to the eyes, which is very important for comfort of viewing. It is a very common condition in the population, particularly in people above 40-years-old....
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Dr. Joseph Tony Zeiter MD255 E Weber Ave Stockton CA 95202
- Dr. Daniel Wee M.D.1899 W MARCH LN STOCKTON CA 95207
- Dr. Jordan M Usunov MD1540 N Tracy Blvd Tracy CA 95376
- Mr. Thomas C O'neil MD303 W Eaton Ave Tracy CA 95376
- Dr. Charles Kim M.D.1899 W MARCH LN STOCKTON CA 95207
- Dr. Deanna Macy Louie M.D.1899 W March Ln Stockton CA 95207