Dr. Kimberly Cockerham, MD
Ophthalmologist36 W Yokuts Avenue Suite 2 Stockton CA, 95207
Dr. Kimberly Cockerham is an ophthalmologist practicing in the Central Valley of California. Dr. Cockerham specializes in oculofacial plastics, orbital disease and neuro-ophthalmology. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Cockerham takes of medical issues that require medications and performs both cosmetic and reconstructive. Clinical interests include eyelid and orbital oncology, thyroid eye disease, aging changes of the eyelids and face, cranial nerve dysfunction and optic nerve disorders. For more information, visit CockerhamMD.com
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Retained stenting material: an unusual cause of dacryocystorhinostomy failure.
- Ophthalmic manifestations of infections caused by the USA300 clone of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Periorbital zygomycosis (mucormycosis) treated with posaconazole.
- Use of lone star elastic stay hooks in orbital surgery.
- Atypical presentations of pleomorphic adenoma of the lacrimal gland.
- Botulinum toxin A therapy for medial rectus injury during endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Growth of a presumed orbital venous anomaly during pregnancy with spontaneous resolution postpartum.
- Visual performance and the ocular surface in traumatic brain injury.
- Visual quality of life in veterans with blast-induced traumatic brain injury.
- Closed-globe injuries of the ocular surface associated with combat blast exposure.
- Automated Perimetry and Visual Dysfunction in Blast-Related Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Novel Approach to Skin Closure Following Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty.
- Orbital disease, optic nerve and chiasm.
- The prevalence and implications of ocular hypertension and glaucoma in thyroid-associated orbitopathy.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor Stanford Department of Ophthalmology 2006 - 2018
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Oculofacial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Army Med Coll, Quaid-e-Azam Univ, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Founder, Let's Face It Together
- Letterman Army Medical Center (General Surgery)
- Allegheny General Hospital (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery) (Neuro-Ophthalmology); Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (Operation Desert Storm, Somalia)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Surgeons, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, California Academy Of Eye Physicians And Surgeons, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, The California Society Of Facial Plastic Surgery, The American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Articles and Publications
- -Book: Diagnosis and Management of Orbital Disease -section Editor for Ocular Surgery News and EyeNet -health advisor and contributor for Men??s Health -over 100 other articles published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having a passion for what she does and the rewards she finds in her work.
Areas of researchTranscleral Ocular Drug Delivery of small molecules including drugs used currently as eye drops, intravitreal injections, intravenous injections and intra-arterial injections.
Dr. Kimberly Cockerham, MD's Practice location
Stockton, CA 95207Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92108Get Direction
Modesto, CA 95350Get Direction
Manteca, CA 95336Get Direction
Dr. Kimberly Cockerham, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cockerham
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Dr. Joseph Tony Zeiter MD255 E Weber Ave Stockton CA 95202
- Dr. Jordan M Usunov MD1540 N Tracy Blvd Tracy CA 95376
- Dr. Daniel Wee M.D.1899 W MARCH LN STOCKTON CA 95207
- Mr. Thomas C O'neil MD303 W Eaton Ave Tracy CA 95376
- Dr. Charles Kim M.D.1899 W MARCH LN STOCKTON CA 95207
- Dr. Alan Wallace Mcinnes M.D.255 E Weber Ave Stockton CA 95202