Dr. Kimberly Cockerham, MD
Ophthalmologist36 W Yokuts Avenue Suite 2 Stockton CA, 95207
Dr. Kimberly Cockerham is an ophthalmologist practicing in the Central Valley of California. Dr. Cockerham specializes in oculofacial plastics, orbital disease and neuro-ophthalmology. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Cockerham takes of medical issues that require medications and performs both cosmetic and reconstructive. Clinical interests include eyelid and orbital oncology, thyroid eye disease, aging changes of the eyelids and face, cranial nerve dysfunction and optic nerve disorders. For more information, visit CockerhamMD.com
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Retained stenting material: an unusual cause of dacryocystorhinostomy failure.
- Ophthalmic manifestations of infections caused by the USA300 clone of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Periorbital zygomycosis (mucormycosis) treated with posaconazole.
- Use of lone star elastic stay hooks in orbital surgery.
- Atypical presentations of pleomorphic adenoma of the lacrimal gland.
- Botulinum toxin A therapy for medial rectus injury during endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Growth of a presumed orbital venous anomaly during pregnancy with spontaneous resolution postpartum.
- Visual performance and the ocular surface in traumatic brain injury.
- Visual quality of life in veterans with blast-induced traumatic brain injury.
- Closed-globe injuries of the ocular surface associated with combat blast exposure.
- Automated Perimetry and Visual Dysfunction in Blast-Related Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Novel Approach to Skin Closure Following Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty.
- Orbital disease, optic nerve and chiasm.
- The prevalence and implications of ocular hypertension and glaucoma in thyroid-associated orbitopathy.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor Stanford Department of Ophthalmology 2006 - 2018
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Oculofacial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Army Med Coll, Quaid-e-Azam Univ, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Founder, Let's Face It Together
- Letterman Army Medical Center (General Surgery)
- Allegheny General Hospital (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery) (Neuro-Ophthalmology); Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (Operation Desert Storm, Somalia)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Surgeons, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, California Academy Of Eye Physicians And Surgeons, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, The California Society Of Facial Plastic Surgery, The American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Articles and Publications
- -Book: Diagnosis and Management of Orbital Disease -section Editor for Ocular Surgery News and EyeNet -health advisor and contributor for Men??s Health -over 100 other articles published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having a passion for what she does and the rewards she finds in her work.
Areas of researchTranscleral Ocular Drug Delivery of small molecules including drugs used currently as eye drops, intravitreal injections, intravenous injections and intra-arterial injections.
Dr. Kimberly Cockerham, MD's Practice location
Stockton, CA 95207Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92108Get Direction
Modesto, CA 95350Get Direction
Manteca, CA 95336Get Direction
Dr. Kimberly Cockerham, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cockerham
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Are Colored Contact Lenses Safe?
Contact lenses are popular for its two most important characteristics: flexibility and convenience. Based on their usage, contact lenses are categorized into two types: vision correcting lenses, and decorative lenses. Decorative lenses are used to improve the look of the eyes. Generally, these...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Dr. Jordan M Usunov MD1540 N Tracy Blvd Tracy CA 95376
- Dr. Joseph Tony Zeiter MD255 E Weber Ave Stockton CA 95202
- Dr. Daniel Wee M.D.1899 W MARCH LN STOCKTON CA 95207
- Mr. Thomas C O'neil MD303 W Eaton Ave Tracy CA 95376
- Dr. Alan Wallace Mcinnes M.D.255 E Weber Ave Stockton CA 95202
- Dr. George D Chen M.D.521 S Ham Ln Lodi CA 95242