Dr. Joseph Charles Koval M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease19 N Main St Wilkes Barre PA, 18711
Dr. Joseph Koval practices Pulmonology in Wilkes Barre, PA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Koval manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Pulmonary Diseases; Letterman Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Joseph Charles Koval M.D.'s Practice location
Wilkes Barre, PA 18711Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Charles Koval M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koval
- Young Mom Faces Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis—Twice
At the age of 23, Shelby Woods faces every parent’s worst nightmare – a sick child. However, for Shelby, this nightmare is greater because both of her children, Sienna and Noah, were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, an incurable genetic disease that had them going in and out of the...
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in Young Women with Cystic Fibrosis
The Journal of Cystic Fibrosis has published recent study results on research into the sexual and reproductive health care in young women with cystic fibrosis.This study compared the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care of those with CF to the general U.S. population. Both groups of women were...
- What This New Therapeutic Drug Trial Means for Cystic Fibrosis
If you have cystic fibrosis, chances are that at some point you have had difficulty breathing due to mucus build-up in your lungs. That thick mucus can make it more than just hard to breathe, as it can cause inflammation and increase your chance of injury. Clear airways may be just around the corner...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- What Can Cause Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)?
Shortness of breath is defined as the feeling of inability to breathe normally, hence producing a troublesome sensation. Such breathlessness is a distinct issue in every affected individual. Typically, if in an event of modest labor or any unexpected situation leads to a shortness of breath, it is...
- Guaifenesin Drug Interactions
What is guaifenesin?It is an expectorant. It helps to cough out mucus through the mouth. It is known to reduce chest congestion caused by infections, common cold or allergies, respiratory illnesses, and bronchitis. It is not used to treat cough caused by smoking and long-term breathing problems....
- Dr. Nat Elliot Levinson M.D.435 Scranton Carbondale Hwy Scranton PA 18508
- Dr. Emily E Grum MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. John William Peters MD103 Fairway Dr Clarks Summit PA 18411
- Mr. Joseph W Stepanitis DO480 Pierce St Kingston PA 18704
- Dr. Pius Ochieng M.D.700 High St Williamsport PA 17701
- Dr. Srinivasarao Ramakrishna MD517 Ash Street Scranton PA 18509