Dr. Janet Hunter is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAINT LOUIS, MO. Dr. Hunter specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Hunter evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Hunter helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Janet Hunter's Practice location
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63131Get Direction
Janet Hunter's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Mrs. Kimberly Gale Hufstedler M.S. CCC-SLP9835 MANCHESTER RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63119
- Mrs. Cassandra Rochelle Starbuck M.S. CCC-SLP4140 OLD MILL PKWY SAINT PETERS MO 63376
- Katie Brynda555 E TERRA LN O FALLON MO 63366
- Elizabeth Jarboe12110 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63131
- Mrs. Dana Courtney Delap M.A., CCC-SLP4140 OLD MILL PKWY SAINT PETERS MO 63376
- Brittney Nesch16216 BAXTER RD CHESTERFIELD MO 63017