Dr. Baruch Wieder is a hematologist oncologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Wieder specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Dr. Baruch Michael Wieder M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10065Get Direction
Dr. Baruch Michael Wieder M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Superheroes Unite For Elementary Student Fighting Lymphoma
Anyone diagnosed with cancer knows how terrifying and debilitating the news can be. Now just imagine how horrible an experience it would be for an elementary school student to hear that they have cancer.It is a sad fact that thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer every year, and it is...
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Breaking News on the Treatment of Follicular Lymphoma
Reuters, the international news agency out of London, has announced that the FDA has given a new drug “accelerated approval,” for the treatment of follicular lymphoma.The drug, Aliqopa (copanlisib), showed complete or partial shrinkage of tumors in 59% of study participants during drug studies,...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Can Multiple Myeloma be Asymptomatic?
Early treatment for persons suffering from multiple myeloma that is asymptomatic may not be beneficial. The initial stages for multiple myeloma do not show symptoms, and this is known as being asymptomatic.The treatment for persons with asymptomatic multiple myeloma should be deferred up to when the...
- David Jin6 Clinton Court Staten Island New York 10301
- Dr. Hal Gerstein MD225 Community Drive Great Neck New York 11021
- Pilar Nava-Parada20 W 72nd St New York NY 10023
- Brian H. Kim350 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 7631
- Olubunmi Olutoyin Afonja77 West Haledon Avenue Haledon New Jersey 7508
- Stefan Gluck86 Morris Ave Summit NJ 07901