Dr. James Cheatham is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Cheatham specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Cheatham typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Univ of Ok Coll of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 1973
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine 1973
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Thoracic Surgery; Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, General Surgery; Univ Hosp & Clinics, General Surgery
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Program
Dr. James E. Cheatham M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. James E. Cheatham M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Dr. Charles Craig Elkins MD3433 Nw 56th St Oklahoma City OK 73112
- Dr. Michael B Cannon MD2604 Saint Michael Dr Texarkana TX 75503
- Dr. Michael John Sasevich M.D.9850 Genesee Ave La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Brian R Boggs MD4200 W Memorial Rd Oklahoma City OK 73120
- Dr. Donald E Stowell MD825 Ne 10th St Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Paul J Kanaly MD3433 Nw 56th St Oklahoma City OK 73112