Dr. Mark Stephan is a pediatrician practicing in Tacoma, WA. Dr. Stephan is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Stephan diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Stephan can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1971
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Univ Wa Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Children'S Hosp & Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Dr. Mark Joseph Stephan M.D.'s Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Dr. Mark Joseph Stephan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Encephalitis in Children
Encephalitis in ChildrenEncephalitis means inflammation of the brain. The condition is usually caused by viruses. Encephalitis is a rare disease that affects approximately 0.5 per 100,000 individuals. Children, the elderly, and those with an impaired immune system are commonly affected by the...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Dr. Mark Grubb M.D.1706 South Meridian Puyallup Washington 98371
- Dr. James L. Schneller MD1924 South Cedar Street Tacoma Washington 98405
- Dr. Majeed Al-mateen MD315 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Rebecca G Taxier M.D.4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Richard K Gould MD33501 1st Way S Federal Way WA 98003
- Dr. Bradley W Kirschner M.D.13950 W Capitol Dr Brookfield WI 53005