Dr. James Calvin is a cardiologist practicing in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Calvin specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Calvin also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine 1957
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Ind University Med Center 1958
Dr. James Robert Calvin M.D.'s Practice location
Baton Rouge, LA 70806Get Direction
Dr. James Robert Calvin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Does Hypertension Have Warning Signs?
With modern life complexities becoming more evident, instances of lifestyle health conditions like hypertension have been on the rise. According a recent report, the number of people living with hypertension is estimated to reach 1.56 billion worldwide by the year 2025. In the US, more than 75% of...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Fried Foods Aren't as Dangerous as We Thought
Spanish researchers have found that foods fried in healthier oils, like olive or sunflower oil, may not cause heart disease and premature death. The study was conducted on 40,000 adults who were followed up for 11 years to track the food intake and risk of heart disease. Although the study brings...
- Dr. Bahji Nadim Khuri M.D.9001 Summa Avenue Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809
- Dr. Lei Gao MD9001 Summa Avenue Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809
- Dr. Venkat R Surakanti MD5231 Brittany Dr Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. John Spence Mcclelland M D7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Brian P. Jones M.D.9001 Summa Avenue Baton Rouge LA 70809
- Dr. Carl Sidney Luikart M D7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808