Dr. Steven Howard Wright M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1614 W. 42nd Avenue Pine Bluff Arkansas, 71603
Steven Howard Wright, MD, received his medical degree in 1983 from Meharry Medical College School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, followed by residencies at Alameda County Medical Center and Sacred Heart Medical Center. He has been practicing medicine for the past 24 years and his success has been due his character, and hard work. Dr. Wright impressively practiced medicine as an Army Major during the Gulf War until 1991. Today he works privately in internal medicine and nephrology at Steven Howard Wright, MD, PA, in Tennessee.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College School of Medicine; Nashville
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Enteric expression of the integrin alpha(v)beta(6) is essential for nematode-induced mucosal mast cell hyperplasia and expression of the granule chymase, mouse mast cell protease-1.
- TGF-beta 1 regulates adhesion of mucosal mast cell homologues to laminin-1 through expression of integrin alpha 7.
- Proteomic analysis of mouse jejunal epithelium and its response to infection with the intestinal nematode, Trichinella spiralis.
- Expression of integrin-alphaE by mucosal mast cells in the intestinal epithelium and its absence in nematode-infected mice lacking the transforming growth factor-beta1-activating integrin alphavbeta6.
- Primary antibody-Fab fragment complexes: a flexible alternative to traditional direct and indirect immunolabeling techniques.
- Expression profiling reveals novel innate and inflammatory responses in the jejunal epithelial compartment during infection with Trichinella spiralis.
- Aberrant mucosal mast cell protease expression in the enteric epithelium of nematode-infected mice lacking the integrin alphavbeta6, a transforming growth factor-beta1 activator.
- Expulsion of Trichuris muris is associated with increased expression of angiogenin 4 in the gut and increased acidity of mucins within the goblet cell.
- The goblet cell is the cellular source of the anti-microbial angiogenin 4 in the large intestine post Trichuris muris infection.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Highland Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work and Character
Hobbies / Sports
- Fishing, Boating
Dr. Steven Howard Wright M.D.'s Practice location
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603Get Direction
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- What Will a Doctor Ask if you Have Blood in Your Urine?
In the normal course, blood has no reason to appear in the urine, but if that happens, one should not hesitate to seek specialist medical opinion. Blood may appear in urine owing to simple infections in the urinary and genital systems, or it could be a result of some serious ailment that is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...