Dr. Victor H. Hernandez M.D., MSC
Orthopedist1400 Nw 12th Avenue Building 4056 Miami Florida, 33136
Dr. Victor Hernandez is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Miami, Florida. Dr. Hernandez specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Hernandez tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Universidad del Norte - Colombia
Universidad del Norte Programa de Medicina
Elegible Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and National Lecture and Public Speaking-Clinical Assistant Professor -
- Torn Meniscus
- Back Pain
- University of Puerto Rico
Professional Society Memberships
- Florida Orthopedic Society, Alpha Omega Alpha
What do you attribute your success to?
Victor attributes his success to perseverance, dedication to his patients and research in the field.
Hobbies / Sports
- Bicycling, Spending time with daughters
Favorite professional publications
Dr. Victor H. Hernandez M.D., MSC's Practice location
Dr. Victor H. Hernandez M.D., MSC's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hernandez
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
What is knee replacement surgery?Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to repair damaged knees. Replacement for your knee parts can help relieve pain and also make the knee joint active. For total knee replacement surgery, the doctor will remove the damaged cartilage and bone, and...
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- Reasons Why You Need Spinal Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a situation where the vertebrae in the spine come close together and lie on one or more of the spinal nerves which come from the spinal cord. When this occurs, the individual may experience various symptoms such as:Numbness and a tingling sensationThe spinal nerves emerge from the...
- Dr. Richard E. Grant MD9526 NE 2nd Ave Miami FL 33138
- Dr. Jeffrey Rich D.O.6141 Sunset Drive South Miami Florida 33143
- Dr. Michael A. Rivera DPM3659 South Miami Avenue Miami Florida 33133
- Dr. Eric David Schiffman M.D.1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Kenneth Hodor M.D.20295 NE 29TH PL AVENTURA FL 33180
- Dr. Shani Katz DO21150 Biscayne Blvd Aventura FL 33180