Dr. Craig Matherne is a family practitioner practicing in JOHNSON CITY, TN. Dr. Matherne specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Matherne possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1996
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Univ Tn Grad Sch Of Med, Family Medicine; Univ Tn Grad Sch Of Med, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University Tn Grad School Of Med
Dr. Craig Matherne M.D.'s Practice location
JOHNSON CITY, TN 37604Get Direction
Eunice, LA 70535Get Direction
Dr. Craig Matherne M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Matherne
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- How is Sinusitis Diagnosed?
Sinus infection or sinusitis can be diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner after a series of tests and examinations. Most cases are actually diagnosed based on the medical history of the patient and the examination of the doctor. This is because the more effective procedures like the MRI and...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- The Causes, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Oesophageal Thrush
Oesophageal thrush is a yeast infection of the throat. It is also known as oral candidiasis or oropharyngeal candidiasis. A healthy person is unlikely to develop this condition. It affects only those with a weakened immune system such as patients with HIV, cancer, and those on immunosuppressive...
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- Dr. Christina R Hutchins M.D.3114 Browns Mill Rd Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Michael P Kauzlarich D.O.121 E. Ravine Road Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Arthur Morgan Boyd MD444 Clinchfield Street Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Erin Elizabeth Harris M.D.201 Cassell Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Cynthia A Logan MD1021 W Oakland Ave Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Michael E Jewett M.D.121 E Main St Jonesborough TN 37659