Carol Bowen-Wells, MD, CWSP
Surgeon6420 San Juan Avenue Jacksonville FL, 32210
Dr. Carol Bowen-Wells is a general surgeon practicing in Jacksonville, FL. In order to provide her patients with the best care, she utilizes both surgical and non-surgical techniques. Additionally, she motivates and encourages her patients while they are in treatment, especially since they are usually referred to her after receiving many failed treatments. Furthermore, she specializes in treating diabetic foot ulcers, venous ulcers, chronic, acute, non-healing surgical wounds, and pressure ulcers/injuries. Practicing in Florida since 2009, Dr. Bowen-Wells is board-certified in wound care and general surgery, and is also fellowship-trained and certified in surgical oncology.
Education and Training
Northwestern University in Chicago Illinois MD 0
University of Virginia General Surgery Residency 2005
University of Miami Surgical Oncology Fellowship 2007
Board Certified in General Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- Northeast Florida Medical Society, Association for the Advancement of Wound Care
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her belief in God, her hard work, always treating her patients like family, and making sure to go the extra step to help her patients.
Carol Bowen-Wells, MD, CWSP's Practice location
Jacksonville, FL 32210Get Direction
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
To start you off, an appendectomy is a procedure to remove the appendix. if it is inflamed or if it ruptures. The appendix is a small, almost cylindrical organ that is attached to the large intestines. When the appendix becomes inflamed, it has to be removed immediately and this is usually done...
- How to Diagnose and Treat Gallstones
Who are at risk of developing gallstones?- Obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in developing gallstones. It increases a person's overall cholesterol levels, making it difficult to maintain a completely empty bladder. - Women who are pregnant, on birth control pills, or taking hormonal...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and Symptoms
Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and SymptomsAppendicitis is a condition which occurs in about 1 in 1000 pregnancies. While it is most common during first 2 trimesters, it can occur in the last trimester too. It’s often hard for the pregnant woman to identify the signs and symptoms of...
- Dr. Manpreet S. Grewal M.D.4203 Belfort Road Jacksonville FL 32216
- Alexander Crean3627 UNIVERSITY BLVD S STE 700 JACKSONVILLE FL 32216
- Dr. Sadir Jumaa Alrawi MD7751 Baymeadows Rd E Jacksonville FL 32256
- Dr. Ziad Tarik Awad M.D.655 W 8th St Jacksonville FL 32209
- Dr. Horacio J Asbun MD4500 San Pablo Rd S Jacksonville FL 32224
- Dr. Eric J Ferguson MD1895 KINGSLEY AVE ORANGE PARK FL 32073