Dr. Michael Parks performs minimally invasive total joint replacements, knee and hip revision surgery, and alternative procedures including partial knee replacements and arthroscopic surgery of the knee. ...
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1990
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1990
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- 2008-2012 New York Super Doctors
- 2001 Black Enterprise Magazine, America 's Leading Physicians
- 2003 Money Magazine The Best HealthCare -Top Docs, Orthopaedic Surgery (Hi
- 2007 The Network Journal, Top Black Doctors in New York
- Knee Arthroscopy, Hip Problems, Knee Problems
- Abnormal Gait
- Member National Medical Association (organization representing African-American physicians and their patie
- Member American Orthopaedic Association
- Member American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; Duke Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Duke University Medical Center 1992
- Duke University - School of Medicine 1996
- Duke University Hospital Program
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 1996
- hospital for special surgery 1997
Dr. Michael L Parks M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Michael L Parks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parks
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...