Dr. Susan Norman is a speech language pathologist practicing in HYDE PARK, NY. Dr. Norman specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Norman evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Norman helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Susan Couse Norman MS,CCC-SLP's Practice location
HYDE PARK, NY 12538Get Direction
Mrs. Susan Couse Norman MS,CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Ms. Nancy J Burch MS CCC-SLP78 CHESTNUT LN NEWBURGH NY 12550
- Ms. Ammie Duwai SLP14 CONCORD DR MARLBORO NY 12542
- Mrs. Susan Diana Krebs M.S., CCC/SLP3 JILL MARIE CIR WALLKILL NY 12589
- Jenna Baudanza CCC-SLP167 MYERS CORNERS RD STE 104 WAPPINGERS FALLS NY 12590
- Daniel Slattery SLP160 UNION ST POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12601
- Deidre M. Convery-bernard MS, CCC-SLP89 KING DR POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12603