Dr. Edmund Valerio is a psychiatrist practicing in Kaneohe, HI. Dr. Valerio is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Valerio diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Valerio may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Valerio treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Virgen Milagrosa Educ Inst- Inst Of Med Fndn- San Carlos City 1983
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation College of Medicine 1983
- Univ Hi-J A Burns Sch Med, Geriatric Psychiatry; Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Psychiatry
Dr. Edmund Posadas Valerio MD's Practice location
Kaneohe, HI 96744Get Direction
Dr. Edmund Posadas Valerio MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- What are the Symptoms of ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, is a condition that can affect learning and one's ability to mingle with others. As the name indicates, a lack of attention and hyperactivity are the major symptoms, which would be seen at a level that is inconsistent with the growth and...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Dr. Rudolf J. Kuszmider M.D.438 Hobron Ln Honolulu HI 96815
- Dr. Kimberly Charlton M.D.91-2301 Fort Weaver Rd Ewa Beach HI 96706
- Dr. Denis Mee-Lee MD928 Nuuanu Ave Honolulu Hawaii 96817
- Dr. Helen Kaleleonalani Blaisdell-brennan M.D.1441 Kapiolani Blvd Honolulu HI 96814
- Dr. Ethan Pien M.D.1010 S. King St, 111 Honolulu HI 96814
- Dr. Marie Louise Devegvar MD1380 Lusitana Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813