Dr. Barry Katzman is an ophthalmologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Katzman specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Katzman can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Katzman can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
New York University School of Medicine Program 1975
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Harlem Hospital Center, Ophthalmology Brookdale Univ Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Harlem Hospital Columbia University 1978
- Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center
- Harlem Hospital Center
- Harlem Hospital Center Program
Dr. Barry Allan Katzman M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92115Get Direction
Dr. Barry Allan Katzman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Katzman
- Reasons Why You Would Need Laser Eye Surgery
Fast on the heels of FDA approval, the passage of nearly two decades has seen Lasik eye surgery (laser in situ keratomileusis), assuming the number one spot in elective surgical procedures opted by the American public. Lasik has redefined eye care by surgically reshaping the cornea of the eye in...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- Antonio MendezLeona Vicario 1510 Tijuana Baja California 22320
- Patrick D. Keating M.D.6325 Topanga Canyon Blvd Woodland Hills California 91367
- Dr. David Castillejos M.D.480 4th Avenue Chula Vista California 91910
- Dr. Russell Philip Edwards M.D.3969 4th Ave San Diego CA 92103
- Bryan Propes34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134
- Dr. Gregory Isaac Ostrow M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108