The Top 11 Places to Live for Someone with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia can only be described as debilitating to a person's everyday life. Anyone that is living with the condition can attest to the fact that it can feel impossible to take on daily tasks when in less than ideal conditions. Deciding where to live is a huge factor in helping maintain lifestyle with fibromyalgia. Finding a place that helps the condition and in turn helps live life to the fullest is the goal.
Anyone living in the United States with fibromyalgia should look into one of these eleven locations if they want an ideal location to call home. All of these locations have weather conditions that are more ideal for someone that has fibromyalgia. The annual temperature and overall weather conditions were factored in when thinking about these locations.
Before someone has something that greatly affects their life like fibromyalgia, the thought of moving just because of a condition may seem extreme. There is nothing extreme or crazy about wanting to feel the best that you can. The right location will not make fibromyalgia symptoms go away, but it can help them decrease. Decreasing your symptoms to a more tolerable level can help you get back to doing what you want to do without as much pain.
A person that has fibromyalgia will encounter pain everywhere in their body. Besides this pain they may also have issues with mood regulation, memory, and fatigue. The condition can be aggravated in places with high humidity. Areas that work best for people with fibromyalgia will have low humidity and have moderate weather conditions consistently.
Individuals who suffer from fibromyalgia are only aware how debilitating it can get to carry on daily tasks. Those suffering from this medical condition find even a simple task impossible to be carried out. Hence when it comes to deciding on the factor as to where to live for maintaining the lifestyle, adds on to a big question. An individual who suffers from fibromyalgia would tend to have pain all over the body. Apart from the pain, the individual would also encounter other mental issues such as memory problems, feeling tired or fatigued or mood regulation troubles. In places where there is high humidity, the symptoms may tend to worsen hence such individuals should choose places which is low in humidity and the weather conditions should be moderate to suit their preferences. Below are few of the places where the individual can choose to stay:
- Daytona Beach in Florida: This is a warm place with an average temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit on an annual basis. It is termed as a great place for those suffering from chronic pain. Most of the time, year around the place is going to feel warm hence ideal for a fibromyalgia patient.
- Hilo, Hawaii: Hawaii is said to be famous for its beautiful beaches along with a warm climate. Hence there is very less likelihood for the individual to use medications. Out here the average annual temperature is 74 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Athens, Georgia: With an average annual temperature of 63.16 Fahrenheit, Athens is known to have a warm and temperate climate all through the year.
- El Paso, Texas: It has a warm climate with an average annual temperature of 66.08 Fahrenheit. The climate itself helps to reduce the pain caused due to the disease.
- Long Beach, California: This place is popular for its superb weather which helps in reducing the pains caused in the joints. It has an annual average temperature of 64.8 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has low amount of rain hence less likelihood of aches or pain.
- Key West, Florida: This place is again known for its warm climate with an average annual temperature of 78.5 degrees Fahrenheit. The climate helps in reducing the symptoms thereby making them more manageable.
- Austin, Texas: With an average annual temperature of 69.9 Austin is known for its mild weather hence good for those who suffer from bad pain in the joints.
- Prescott, Arizona: Having an average annual temperature of 59.5 degrees Fahrenheit, Prescott has a pleasant weather all through the year.
- Los Angeles, California: This place has an average annual temperature of 62.91 Fahrenheit. The weather is mild and not too hot.
- Asheville, North Carolina: This place has a great weather which helps in reducing pain. It has an average annual temperature of 56.58 degrees Fahrenheit. Mostly helpful for people with mild case of fibromyalgia.
- San Diego, California: This place has an average annual temperature of 64.75 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a great weather for anyone with chronic pain. It can make the individual feel happy and healthy.