Brand: Uro-Mag, Mag- 200, Mag- Ox 400, MagGel
Generic: Magnesium Oxide
Uro-Mag is a mineral supplement drug, used to treat deficiency of magnesium, which is a natural mineral in the body that is significant in various muscle and nerve functions.
Read your medication guide and follow your doctor’s prescription at all times.
- Take Uro- Mag orally/ by mouth before or after meals per doctor’s prescription.
- Use a standard medicine cup/ spoon (not household spoon) to obtain the accurate amount for each dose if you are using the liquid preparation of this medication.
- The dosage depends on your medical condition or treatment response. Do not adjust your dose without your doctor’s recommendation.
- Continue taking Uro- Mag on a regular schedule (same time of the day). Do not stop taking this medication abruptly without consulting your doctor.
Inform your doctor immediately if your condition aggravates or does not improve.
Take your missed dose as soon as possible. However, make sure that the time interval between the missed and the next dose is not too close. Otherwise, stick with the regular schedule and leave out the missed dose. Do not double dose to cover up a missed dose. Record your missed dose and inform your doctor immediately if you missed several doses.
Uro-Mag may interact with:
- Tetracycline antibiotic (i.e. tetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline, oxytetracycline)
- Fluoroquinolone antibiotic (i.e. ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, norfloxacin, levofloxacin)
- Digoxin and
Some drugs may either lessen the beneficial effects or worsen the side effects of Uro-Mag. Likewise, Uro-Mag may make some drugs less efficient or intensify their side effects.
Make sure to inform your doctor about all other drugs you are currently taking or using (prescribed and non-prescribed medications including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products) to check for possible drug interaction with Uro-Mag.
Never alter the doses of other medications while on Uro- Mag neither stop nor start any medicine without the doctor’s recommendation.
Side Effects: There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking Uro-Mag, tell your health care provider if you have/are:
- Any allergies to any substance, food or medication, particularly to magnesium oxide (Uro-Mag)
- Other medical conditions
- Taking other herbal products or supplements
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or currently breastfeeding a baby (It is not known if Uro-Mag can harm the unborn child or if it can pass through breast milk that may harm the nursing child. The risks and benefits of using this medication during pregnancy must be discussed well with your doctor.)