Psychiatrist Questions Psychiatrist

Autism spectrum treatment for a 17 year old boy?

Which doctor would be better to treat him, a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist? He is high on the specttrum as far as school work but has a lot of social problems. He only wants to do what he wants to do. He doesn't want to listen to me.

1 Answer

I recommend a team approach...someone who can prescribe who has expertise in neurodevelopmental conditions, ASD, and a mental health professional/behavioralist. I would suggest everyone is collaborating on similar goals.
Have a question aboutPsychiatrist?Ask a doctor now