Podiatrist Questions Podiatrist

Foot muscle pain?

My left foot feels like a muscle has been pulled or the arch has dropped.

Female | 63 years old

5 Answers

The problem you are describing is most often associated with the Posterior Tibial Tendon. Rupture or severe attenuation of this tendon will cause the arch to drop and will be very painful.
You likely have an overuse injury called plantar fasciitis. I recommend you make an appointment with a foot and ankle surgeon (podiatrist) for diagnosis and treatment options
Have a question aboutPodiatrist?Ask a doctor now
Try I've and an arch support. If not better in one week, should be checked.

You need to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle. You have most likely ruptured your posterior tibialis tendon or plantar fascia.
Good morning. The most common reason for pain in the foot in our age group is either injury to the posterior tibial tendon leading to an alteration in the arch. This can be from trauma such as a twisted ankle or can be just due to age. The second most common reason would be irritation to the nerve located at the medial portion of the foot. In either case good supportive shoes are helpful. Sometimes doing some light stretching exercises in the foot are helpful. If it persists you should see an orthopedic surgeon and have him evaluate you. Good luck