Psychiatrist Questions Psychiatrist

Should I see a doctor for panic attacks?

I have panic attacks. Should I see a doctor for panic attacks?

3 Answers

I think it is critical to see a doctor for panic attack. Specialist ( psychiatrist) preferrably rather than primary care physician. With the specific of affective disorders/panic attack and very specific options to treat this disease strongly suggested to seek attention from psychiatrist who will not only prescribe medications but also guided treatment process
Yes, the possibility of an underlying medical problem such as heart disease or thyroid problem need to be ruled out, in addition to treating the attacks either with cognitive behavioral therapy and/or medications.
I recommend you see a cognitive behavior psychologist. Best wishes