Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) Questions Podiatrist

Why do I have a bruise for 6 months on my foot?

I am a young woman and I have has a smallish (size of a quarter) bruise on my foot that hasn't changed in look/color for a few months. It has been may be over 6 months and it hurts only when touched. I wear only comfy shoes that shouldn't be its cause. What is your best opinion on why it is still there?

Female | 23 years old
Complaint duration: 6 months

8 Answers

Please make an appointment with a foot care specialist or podiatrist for evaluation and treatment of your current pedal issue(s). Your shoes may not be appropriate for your foot type or structure. After all, it has been several months and your current foot issue has not resolved, then it is time to seek professional care and help in possibly resolving this problem.

It's best to be evaluated by a specialist
Have a question aboutPodiatrist?Ask a doctor now
This is probably not a bruise. More likely something going on with the skin. I would recommend that you see a dermatologist as soon as possible.
If you cannot think of any outside cause (shoes, activity etc), you may need a biopsy of the area from a podiatrist or dermatologist. "Biopsy" does not always mean "The C word," it could identify another cause for the change in color in your skin or why it isn't healing.
Hello. It may not be a bruise. I would recommend having a doctor look at it
It may not be a bruise. If something is not responding the way you would expect it to, a diagnostic test would be indicated or a second opinion. You should see a doctor ASAP and give an accurate history as many skin diseases look alike.

Jan David Tepper, DPM,FACFAS
Without closer evaluation and/or a picture to go by, I really do not know what kind of ‘lesion’ you’re dealing with. Best to see a podiatrist or dermatologist ASAP to make sure it’s nothing serious.
There may be microtrauma to the foot. I recommend you make an appointment with a foot and ankle surgeon (podiatrist) for evaluation and treatment options