Chiropractor Questions Back Pain

What is it called if your back is out of line?

My back/spine feels like it is all out of line. I just feel kind of crooked. Is there a name for this? How is it treated?

10 Answers

Chiropractors use to term subluxation. Subluxations block the communication between the brain and body and thus affecting its ability to heal itself. Chiropractors correct subluxations with adjustments on a regular basis.
You can have what is called subluxations.
If your back feels like it’s out of line it’s called being out of alignment, misaligned.
If there’s a spinal curvature it’s called scoliosis.
If there’s one vertebrae that’s is out of its normal position it’s called a subluxation.
I would recommend seeing a chiropractor to determine what exactly is going on with your spine.
A thorough evaluation would be able to determine what is going on.
The term chiropractors use is subluxation or misalignment. Usually when someone feels “out,” they are referring to that or some muscle spasm associated with it.

Vishal K. Verma, DC, CCSP

The most common form of a crooked spine is called scoliosis. This is diagnosed by X-ray. There are methods to treat this with chiropractic adjustments, but not all chiropractors specialize in this sort of correction. The earlier treatment begins the more likelihood there will be of optimal correction. It usually begins in the teenage years and is best treated before one is fully grown.

Dr. Payne
Misalignment. An exam and treatment (adjustment/therapy) can help.
Subluxation, Chiropractic Adjustments
Misalignment of subluxation.
What you are feeling may be from misalignment of your spine and/or muscular imbalance around your spine, called Segmental Dysfunction. A Chiropractor can treat these issues.