Internal Medicine | Sleep Medicine Questions Narcolepsy

What's the treatment like for narcolepsy?

My son's school called to tell me that he has been falling asleep, frequently in class. After talking to them, and observing his behavior at home, I feel like he has narcolepsy. What's the treatment like for this in kids (he's 14), and how is this diagnosed?

1 Answer

You need to see a sleep specialist as soon as possible to diagnose and treat your son appropriately. Your son will need sleep studies (multiple sleep latency test) to diagnose narcolepsy if sleep apnea is excluded as the cause.