Dr. Kim Callwood is a radiologist practicing in Owings Mills, MD. Dr. Callwood specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1988
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Howard Univ Hosp, Diagnostic Radiology; Sinai Hosp Of Baltimore, Internal Medicine
- Howard University Afl Hospitals
Kim Maria Callwood M.D.'s Practice location
Owings Mills, MD 21117Get Direction
CHEVERLY, MD 20785Get Direction
Kim Maria Callwood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Evelyn A. May M.D.Johns Hopkins Hospital Baltimore Maryland 21287
- Richard A. Sindler619 St. Francis Road Towson Maryland 21286
- Syed Hamid Husain DO900 S Caton Ave Baltimore MD 21229
- Henry A Munitz MD7253 Ambassador Rd Windsor Mill MD 21244
- Janet Ferber Brown M.D.808 Landmark Dr Glen Burnie MD 21061
- Jay J. Pillai MD1120 15th Street Augusta GA 30912