Dr. Susan Powers is a speech language pathologist practicing in BROADVIEW HTS, OH. Dr. Powers specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Powers evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Powers helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Susan M Powers MA,CCC,SLP's Practice location
BROADVIEW HTS, OH 44147Get Direction
Ms. Susan M Powers MA,CCC,SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Bonnie Eaton Sirko M.A. CCC-SLP4070 W 220TH ST FAIRVIEW PARK OH 44126
- Ms. Diane Ricci M.S.,CCC/SLP6116 WILSON MILLS RD MAYFIELD VILLAGE OH 44143
- Miss Eleanor Jayne Jackson SLP5273 BROADVIEW RD PARMA OH 44134
- Sarsh Young1575 BRAINARD RD LYNDHURST OH 44124
- Anastasia Boss11005 PARKHURST DR CLEVELAND OH 44111
- Mrs. Suzanne W Powell MA CCC-SLP22274 JONATHAN DR STRONGSVILLE OH 44149