Dr. Allan Mcdonald is a psychiatrist practicing in Altadena, CA. Dr. Mcdonald is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Mcdonald diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Mcdonald may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Mcdonald treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Loma Linda University School of Medicine 1964
- L a Co Usc Med Center
Dr. Allan A Mcdonald M.D.'s Practice location
Altadena, CA 91001Get Direction
Dr. Allan A Mcdonald M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Venlafaxine: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions
Generic Name: VenlafaxineBrand Name(s): Effexor, Effexor XRIntroductionVenlafaxine belongs to the class of selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), which are used for the treatment of anxiety, panic disorder, and major depressive disorder. This medication works by...
- What Is Paranoid Schizophrenia?
Paranoid schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia in which the patient has hallucinations, false beliefs, and delusions that a person or group of individuals, regardless if they are his close friends or loved ones, are continuously plotting against him. At times, the patient may even believe that...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Dr. Nancy S. Wolf M.D.1242 Angelo Dr Beverly Hills California 90210
- Dr. Cassandra M. Klyman M.D8235 Santa Monica Blvd West Hollywood CA 90046
- Dr. Tsilya Bass M.D.7801 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles California 90046
- Dr. Deborah K. Lucas D.O.2400 East Katella Avenue Anaheim California 92806
- Dr. Carmen P. Gonzales-Nate M.D.3737 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Lynwood California 90262
- Dr. Gordon V. Brion M.D.PO Box 292543 Los Angeles California 90029