Donna M Polk M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease80 Seymour Street Hartford Hospital Ca Hartford CT, 06102
Dr. Donna Polk is a cardiologist practicing in Hartford, CT. Dr. Polk specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Polk also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Maine Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Maine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Baystate Med Ctr, General Surgery
Donna M Polk M.D.'s Practice location
Hartford, CT 06102Get Direction
Donna M Polk M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Polk
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- What is Cardiac Ablation?
Cardiac ablation is a procedure used for atrial fibrillation (a-fib) treatment, which is an irregular beating of the heart. Doctors may recommend the procedure when other methods of treatment such as drugs and heartbeat reset aren’t successful.If atrial fibrillation, or an irregular heart rate,...
- Using Losartan in Treating Hypertension
Unfortunately, there is an increasing prevalence of hypertension, which is the term used to indicate high blood pressure with a reading of 140/90 mm Hg or higher. It is being blamed on living a modern lifestyle, the frequency of alcohol and tobacco intake, certain physical activities, and processed...
- What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?
What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?Atrial fibrillation or A – Fib is an infection that causes abnormal heartbeat rhythms. As a result of this, the heart beating is not normal. Due to this abnormal heart beat, arrhythmia’s (Fast or Slow heartbeat) may develop. The most affected...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Who Should You Call if You Have a Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure does not indicate that your heart has stopped working; instead what it indicates is that your heart is pumping blood at a slower rate than normal. Because the blood moves through the heart and the body at a much slower rate, the pressure in the heart builds up. Hence, the...
- Danny Antoine Korkmaz M.D.18 Haynes Street Manchester Connecticut 06040
- Oliver Diaz M.D.653 Terriville Avenue Bristol Connecticut 6010
- John Arthur Frazier M.D.123 Maple St Bristol CT 06010
- Joyce Meng MD263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Stephen M Franklin MD520 Saybrook Road Middletown CT 06457
- Kiran Pandey MD520 Saybrook Road Middletown CT 06457