Dr. Sureka grew up in central Illinois and received his medical degree and master's degree in public health from Northwestern University. He completed his pediatric residency at St. Louis Children's Hospital ...
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
- St Louis Children's Hopsital
Dr. Ashish Omprakash Sureka M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Ashish Omprakash Sureka M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Dr. Norman Silverman M.D.806 East Greenwich Place Palo Alto California 94303
- Dr. Richard Mainwaring MD300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Scott Randolph Ceresnak MD3959 Broadway New York NY 10032
- Dr. Michael Lee Griffin MD2051 Pioneer Ct San Mateo CA 94403
- Dr. Rhonda S Lappen M.D.1688 Willow St San Jose CA 95125
- Dr. Kara Sachie Motonaga M.D.725 Welch Rd Palo Alto CA 94304