Dr. Alicia Young is an anesthesiologist practicing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dr. Young ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Young also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1995
- Va Commonwealth U Mcv Sch Med, Internal Medicine; Western Pennsylvania Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Alicia . Young MD's Practice location
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33323Get Direction
BALTIMORE, MD 21287Get Direction
Dr. Alicia . Young MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Heat Rash: What Is Miliaria Crystallina?
Heat rash is also known as miliaria or "prickly heat". It is a type of skin disease that mostly affects people living in hot or humid areas. It forms as a result of blockage of the sweat glands. This restricts sweat, and it is trapped inside the skin tissues where it causes inflammation.This...
- Is There Such a Thing as a Gluten "Cheat Day"?
In a recent article published in Health Central, the author tells her story about intentionally eating gluten. She was diagnosed with celiac disease over 20 years ago and began a gluten-free diet as an eighth-grader. She accidentally ate gluten a few times and the symptoms were overwhelming. Bloated...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Javier F. Vilasuso MD7171 North University Drive Tamarac Florida 33321
- Kush Harshavardhan Tripathi M.D.601 E sample road, Suite 105 Pompano beach FL 33064
- Salomon Imiak1613 North Harrison Parkway Sunrise Florida 33323
- Barry Miller1140 Kane Concourse Bay Harbour Island FL 33154
- Dr. Michael Brian Black MD1613 Harrison Pkwy Fort Lauderdale FL 33323
- Amr H. Elmahdy1900 South Treasure Drive Miami Florida 33141