Dr. Teresa Gay Gevedon MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry3470 Blazer Pkwy Lexington KY, 40509
Dr. Teresa Gevedon is a psychiatrist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Gevedon is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Gevedon diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Gevedon may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Gevedon treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1983
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Ky Hosp-Chandler Mc, Psychiatry
Dr. Teresa Gay Gevedon MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40509Get Direction
LEXINGTON, KY 40509Get Direction
Dr. Teresa Gay Gevedon MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gevedon
- Top 7 Depression Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses experienced by people, and just like any other illness, this condition is also accompanied by certain myths and misconceptions. These are the most common myths surrounding depression today....
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is ADHD: Get the Facts
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often referred to as ADHS is a detrimental brain condition characterized by a continuous pattern of impulsivity, inattention or hyperactivity. All these symptoms interrupt the patient’s developmental growth:...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq MD1351 NEWTOWN PIKE LEXINGTON KY 40511
- Dr. Sara Casto Rochester M.D.1350 BULL LEA RD LEXINGTON KY 40511
- Dr. Kim M Grant-rolph M.D.1517 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Luis Angel Morales M.D.3301 Leestown Rd Lexington KY 40511
- Dr. Laura Ann Arndorfer M.D.University Health Service Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Benjamin Marshall M.D.University Of Kentucky And Affiliates Lexington KY 40536