Dr. Stephen J Masiar MD
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry301 E Main St Bay Shore NY, 11706
Dr. Stephen Masiar is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Bay Shore, NY. Dr. Masiar specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Masiar helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1985
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1985
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry- 1994
- Central nervous system toxicity after abrupt monoamine oxidase inhibitor switch: a case report.
- Failure to use ECT in treatment of catatonia.
- ECT response and blood pressure reduction.
- ECT following clozapine.
- Predictors of response to clozapine.
- Characteristics of elderly psychiatric patients retained in a state hospital during downsizing: a prospective study with replication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Opiate Dependence
- Adjustment Disorder
- Member American Psychiatric Association
- Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Psychiatry
- Stony Brook University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
- The Zucker Hillside Hospital
- University Hospital - SUNY at Stony Brook Program
Dr. Stephen J Masiar MD's Practice location
Bay Shore, NY 11706Get Direction
Dr. Stephen J Masiar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Masiar
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Dr. Karan Kumar MD400 Sunrise Hwy Amityville NY 11701
- Seema Hashmi Other2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Dennis Michael Popeo MD315 Madison Avenue New York NY 10017
- Dr. Barry Mildener MD1563 Montauk Hwy Oakdale NY 11769
- Dr. Kalu Ndu boniface Agwu MD506 LENOX AVE NEW YORK NY 10037
- Dr. Linda Low D.O.900 WALT WHITMAN RD MELVILLE NY 11747