Joseph Murphy is a physician assistant practicing in SAN ANTONIO, TX. Joseph specializes in preventing and treating human illness and injury by providing a broad range of care under the supervision of a physician. A physician assistant's work can include physical exams, ordering and interpreting tests, performing procedures and prescribing medication. Often times, they can assist in surgery but the scope of practice can vary according to jurisdiction or health care setting.
- Central dopamine and noradrenaline receptor activity of the amines formed from m-tyrosine, alpha-methyl-m-tyrosine and alpha-methyldopa.
- Direct chemical stimulation of dopaminergic mechanisms in the neostriatum of the rat.
- Central receptor activity of amines formed from L-dopa and some dopa analogs.
- Effects of apomorphine, (+)-amphetamine, and nialamide on tetrabenazine-induced suppression of sexual behavior in the male rat.
- Protection of the neostriatal dopamine stores against reserpine by local treatment with metatyramine.
- Receptor activity and turnover of dopamine and noradrenaline after neuroleptics.
Joseph Edward Murphy PA-C's Practice location
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78232Get Direction
Joseph Edward Murphy PA-C's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Impaired Expression and Facial Recognition with Parkinson's Disease
Living with Parkinson’s disease is a debilitating and daily battle; not only are people affected physically, but mental health strains can lead to severe anxiety, depression, mood swings, dizziness, restlessness, night terrors, and even amnesia. Not only is this a heartbreaking struggle for the...
- Tips on Living With Mumps
Mumps occurs mostly in children and is caused by a paramyxovirus. However, certain viruses like influenza, cytomegalovirus, and Coxsackie virus can also demonstrate swelling of the salivary glands similar to that of mumps. Mumps can be passed through infected saliva after a sneeze or a cough....
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Peptic Ulcers?
Peptic ulcers refer to the sores present in the lining of stomach, esophagus, and small intestine. In the small intestine, the sores are often present in the upper part, called the duodenum. Peptic ulcers in the stomach are known as gastric ulcers, while those present in the esophagus are known as...
- Dietary Guidelines to Manage Fibromyalgia
Although there is no prescribed diet for the treatment of fibromyalgia symptoms, many individuals find that changes in their food intake — quality and quantity — impact the severity of their symptoms. An awareness of what you are eating is a key to understand how food impacts your...
- Autism: How Tom Finally Found the Perfect Job
Tom Whalen is a friendly man from Maryland. He makes quick friends with strangers and loves to talk. He is pretty good at convincing employers to give him a chance at employment, and is fully willing to put in the effort needed to hold down a job.But he has a problem. He loses his jobs shortly after...
- What Is Indigestion? Get the Facts
Indigestion, also known as heartburn, is a common term used to describe the discomfort or pain felt in the upper abdomen just below the ribs. It is not a disease. It is merely a symptom and it can be just another symptom of many digestive problems. The main complaint of those who experience...