Charles Ruotolo, MD, FAAOS, works at Total Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in Masssapequa, New York. He also serves as the Chairman of Orthopedic Surgery at Nassau University Medical Center. He has special advanced arthroscopic surgery skills, and has also been trained in shoulder surgery. Dr. Ruotolo has also contributed to multiple orthopedic texts, and remains a worldwide expert in sports medicine, joint surgery, and arthroscopic surgery.
Education and Training
New York Medical College School of Medicine
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1995
New York Medical College 1994
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Torn Meniscus
- Pinched Nerve
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Orthopedic Surgery; Winthrop-University Hosp, General Surgery
- University Hospital SUNY Stony Brook
- Stony Brook University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
- University Hospital - SUNY at Stony Brook Program
- SUNY Stony Brook (Orthopedics)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook Hosp, Stony Brook NY
- The Sports Clinic
- Sports Clinic of Laguna Hills
Articles and Publications
- Published Multiple Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Preparation, Dedication
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Charles Ruotolo M.D.'s Practice location
Massapequa, New York 11758Get Direction
MASSAPEQUA, NY 11758Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Charles Ruotolo M.D. | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Charles Ruotolo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ruotolo
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis is the common term used to describe over a hundred types of ailments that affect the joints. There are several causes of arthritis including physical wear and tear, autoimmunity, infections, and faulty metabolism, among others. Arthritis is a progressive disease with no known cure.Common...
- What are Leg Ulcers?
What are leg ulcers?Leg ulcers are unhealed wounds or open wounds that occur on the legs. They tend to recur if not treated properly. They can occur in everyone at any age, but are more common among females. What are the causes of leg ulcers?The most common reason for the occurrence of leg ulcers...
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Dr. Alexandre B De moura MD761 Merrick Ave Westbury NY 11590
- Dr. Sean McMillan DO5115 Beach Channel Dr Far Rockaway NY 11691
- Dr. Stuart J. Hershon M.D.333 E Shore Rd Manhasset NY 11030
- Dr. David Zaret MD45 Crossways Park Drive Woodbury NY 11797
- Dr. Peter Lementowski MD36 Lincoln Ave Rockville Centre NY 11570
- Dr. Firas Chamas MD PHD1600 Stewart Avenue Westbury NY 11590