By way of dedication to the science of Psychiatry and providing compassionate and informatiive care to all my patients, I strive to achieve the following goals:1. Increase education and decrease stigma associated eith mental illness and mental health treatment.2. Increase knowledge of the mental health system and improve acces to care.3. Advocate for rights and equality for those living with mental illness. 4. Provide education and support ot patients and loved ones.5. Increase awareness on the importance of promoting strategies that prevent disease progression.6. Improve the overall quality of life and daily functioningI provide consultative services to a viariety of clinics and organizations, including primary care providers, mental health rehabilitation centers, gastric bypass pre-surgical psychiatric evaluations, workman's comp psychiatric evaluations, and corporate or legal second medicla opions (SMO)I provide treatment to patients throughout the state of La., including New Orleans, Opelousas, and New Iberia. I specialize in Mood Disorders, such as, Unipolar and Bipolar Depression, anxiety and panic disorders, schizophrenia and psychosis, and medication assisted treatment of opiate dependency. I also use supportive, spiritual and CBT (cognative behavioral therapy) psychotherapy treatment. Mental illness is a medical condition, with scientifically proven treatment options. With the proper treatment (including non-pharmaceutival treatments), maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and a strong supportive environment, many patients diagnosed with a mental illness continue to live a full and purposeful life.
Education and Training
MD and MD/MPH Duel Degree at Tulane University School of Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine 2009
Dr. Ashley Doucette M.D.'s Expert Contributions
As the heat intensifies and Summer draws near, I am reminded of the Summer of 2005. During these nostalgic moments I am forced to recall the significant events that have required the recovery of an entire city, and charted the path for my life. Hurricane Katrina was an event so traumatic that its...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director of Behavioral HealthSouthwest Louisiana Primary Clinic2014 - 2016
- Medical DirectorPositive Living Treatment Center2016 - 2016
- Medical Director of Psychiatry New Orleans East Hospital2016 - 2016
- Bick Scholarship Award in Psychiatry2009
- Top Psychiatrist in New Orleans2016International Association of Healthcare Professionals
- Top Psychiatrist in Opelousas2017International Association of Healthcare Professionals
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- American Psychiatric Association
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Articles and Publications
Editorial: Progress in psychiatry four years following Hurricane Katrina www.blackmentalhealthnet.com
What do you attribute your success to?
Prayer, dedication and committment
Teaching and speaking
Annual Guest speaker Xavier University Premedicine Society
2016 Guest speaker for Positive Living Treatment Center Fundraiser
Presenter at Louisiana Association of Substance Abuse Counselors and Trainers (LASACT) 37th Annual Conference
Multiple local television and radio appearances on WBOK radio and Cox Cable NOA-TV with host Dr. Gary Clark
Hobbies / Sports
- Boxing, Baking, Former NBA Cheerleader, Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated
Favorite professional publications
- Current Psychiatry, Psychiatry.org, American Psychiatric Association Website
- New Orleans East Hospital
Dr. Ashley Doucette M.D.'s Practice location
New Orleans, La 70127 Get Direction
New Orleans, La 70119 Get Direction
Opelousas, La 70570 Get Direction
New Orleans, LA 70128 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ashley Doucette M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ashley Doucette M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- What Is ADHD: Get the Facts
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often referred to as ADHS is a detrimental brain condition characterized by a continuous pattern of impulsivity, inattention or hyperactivity. All these symptoms interrupt the patient’s developmental growth:...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- Edward Foulks 940 Chartres Street New Orleans Louisiana 70116
- Raga Malaty 210 State Street New Orleans Louisiana 70118
- Dr. Arthur JL Strauss M.D. 3600 Prytania Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115
- Dr. Patrick John Dowling MD 1314 St. Mary Street New Orleans Louisiana 70130
- Dr. Thor Agustsson DO 2020 Gravier St New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Shamalon R Johnson MD 1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121