Dr. Vivian Halfin is a psychiatrist practicing in Dorchester, MA. Dr. Halfin is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Halfin diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Halfin may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Halfin treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1978
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Psychiatry
- Coventry Health Care
- Advantra Freedom (Medicare)
- Advantra Medicare Advantage HMO
- Advantra Medicare Advantage POS
- Advantra Medicare Advantage PPO
- Assurant Health
- Buena Vista (Florida Medicaid)
- CHCFL Emlployee OA CFL
- Carelink - CaroMont Medical Home
- Coventry EPO
- Coventry Flex
- Coventry HMO & Premier
- Coventry Integrated Network (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry POS & Premier Plus
- Coventry Preferred (PPO)
- Diamond Plan (Medicaid)
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Employer Group HMO/Open Access
- Employer Group Open Access POS
- Employer Group POS
- Employer Group PPO
- Employer Group QHDHMO
- FOCUS Network (Workers' Comp)
- Federal Employees HMO
- First Health Network (Workers' Comp)
- HMO Select Network
- Individual HMO/Open Access
- Individual PPO
- MetraComp Network (Workers' Comp)
- National Network PPO
- Prism Choice
- Spectrum 100
- WellPath (HMO or POS)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Great West Healthcare
- Multiplan PHCS
- Medicare Advantage Private Fee for Service (PFFS)
- Solaura Plan
- Travel Access
- UniCare HMO - Illinois/Indiana
- UniCare HMO - Texas
- UniCare HMO Performance Select (Metro Chicago)
- UniCare PPO
- UniCare PPO - NCPPO
- UniCare PPO - NCPPO Performance
- UniCare Performance (Chicago Metro)
- UniView Vision
- Unicare Fit
- Unicare Health Plan of Kansas, Inc. (HealthWave 19 & 21)
- Unicare Health Plan of West Virginia
- Unicare Health Plans of Texas, Inc. (CHIP)
- Unicare Health Plans of Texas, Inc. (STAR)
- Unicare Medicare Supplement
- Unicare PPO - MHealth Texas
- Unicare PPO - Preferred One
- Unicare State Indemnity Plan - Basic
- Unicare State Indemnity Plan - Community Choice
- Unicare State Indemnity Plan - PLUS
- UnicareHMO Performance (Metro Chicago)
Dr. Vivian P Halfin M.D.'s Practice location
Dorchester, MA 02026 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vivian P Halfin M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vivian P Halfin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. 2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. 1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Dr. Shailendra Singh M.B.B.S. 12 HOSPITAL CIR BATESVILLE AR 72501
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD 345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Lyudmila Rakita MD 1342 Belmont St Brockton MA 02301