Dr. Lori Jean Lucas M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology980 Johnson Ferry Rd Ne Suite 820 Atlanta GA, 30342
Dr. Lori Lucas is a gastroenterologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Lucas specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Lucas performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1983
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- EMORY HEALTHCARE
Dr. Lori Jean Lucas M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Lori Jean Lucas M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lucas
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis: A Serious Form of Celiac Disease
Severe intestinal damage, painful digestion and bloating are a few of the symptoms known to accompany standard celiac disease. The autoimmune condition is hereditary, but eating foods or applying cosmetics that contain gluten can trigger the disease. Although there isn’t a cure, avoiding gluten...
- What Does Belly Button Pain Mean?
Pain in your belly button can range from mild to severe and can be occasional or constant. In some cases, belly button pain can also radiate to other areas of the body aside from the area near your belly button. It is also important to note that pain in your belly button is not a medical condition...
- Natural Laxatives That Work: Best Natural Laxatives
What is a natural laxative?A laxative can be in the form of a food, drink, oil, and compound. It may not necessarily be medication only. A laxative induces bowel movement and loosens the stool. If the source is natural, then it is considered as a natural laxative.In constipation, the bowel movement...
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
- Causes and Treatments for Fecal Leakage in Adults
Fecal leakageFecal leakage is when the person is not able to control bowel movements. Thus from the rectum the stool leaks out at unexpected times. In women it is more common and also in elderly in both male and female it is common. Many people who experience this feel embarrassed and reluctant to...
- Study Finds Link Between Celiac Disease and Anorexia in Women
A recent study has found that celiac disease and anorexia are often linked and shared similar symptoms, in more than a few ways.The similarities between these conditions are physical in appearance, making it difficult to discern without medical consolation. To an untrained professional, anorexia...
- Dr. Dennis Ernest DiSantis M.D.2675 North Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033
- Dr. Dale C. Holly MD1800 Howell Mill Road Atlanta Georgia 30318
- Dr. Eugene Harold Hirsh M.D.5669 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Cristina Sobrado Marin M.D.69 Jesse Hill Jr Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Manan B Shah M.D.1305 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Jon Vincent Trankina MD4595 Towne Lake Pkwy Woodstock GA 30189