Dr. Amber Deano is a speech language pathologist practicing in PONCHATOULA, LA. Dr. Deano specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Deano evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Deano helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Amber Deano's Practice location
PONCHATOULA, LA 70454Get Direction
Amber Deano's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Mrs. Carrie Comberrel Jones CCC-SLP18026 SISTERS RD PONCHATOULA LA 70454
- Prof. Kimberly Anne Stewart CCC-SLP132 SOUTH 6TH STREET PONCHATOULA LA 70454
- Ms. Candace Saraceno Revere CCC-SLP12064 CARRIAGE HOUSE LN PONCHATOULA LA 70454
- Brooke Burks M.S, CCC-SLP21289 BEAU CHATEAU BLVD PONCHATOULA LA 70454
- Susan M Todd M.S., CCC-SLP132 S 6TH ST PONCHATOULA LA 70454
- Ms. Amy E Forrest M.S., CCC-SLP132 S 6TH ST PONCHATOULA LA 70454