"Everything I did wasn’t good enough. All I would hear from her was about the things I didn't do."
"Everything I did wasn’t good enough. I’d do everything on her “Honey Do” list and all I would hear from her was about the things I didn’t do. She’d throw the divorce word around a lot. She used it as a threat. I was always waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under me. I never felt like it was unconditional and forever. I would actually be relieved if she left me- I just dont have the balls to be the one to pull the trigger.” Ryan, Age 25
This is a complex issue to tackle. For some people, love is associated with anxiety and fear. If your feelings are intense, it must be love. Anxiety is really fear. And as soon as you feel off balance, you assume this must be love because the feelings are so intense.
People who feel this way:
- Fall in love quickly
- Try to spend most of their time with their partner
- Find themselves cheating on their partner because they don’t want to disappoint whoever is making an advance
- Find themselves cheating on their partner because they fear their partner will do the same
- Become consumed with thoughts of jealousy
- Obsess over every issue, comment, or text