Follow these steps to avoid injuries
Use common sense to get good results from your exercise routines and prevent injuries. Those with diabetes do not heal as fast as those without this chronic condition. Don't work so intense that you cause muscle tears or sore joints. Make sure you follow these rules before starting any exercise program:
- Check with your doctor before you begin any exercise or weight-training program
- Focus on your form. Maintain proper posture and do each exercise precisely as written. You may need to use fewer weights in your program.
- Learn the proper way to breathe. Exhale when lifting weights, and inhale as you lower the weights.
- Variety is the spice of an exercise program. Change the exercises in your workout regularly. Alter the number of sets you do. Your body will plateau at a certain level, and you need to keep your body guessing what exercises come next.
- Try doing cardio and strength training on different or alternating days. You need to give your muscles a rest between strength sessions.