Brand: KI Oral Solution
Generic: Potassium Lodide
KI Oral Solution is a drug used to treat certain thyroid conditions. This drug is available as an oral solution containing Potassium Iodide.
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication should be taken by mouth as instructed by your doctor. Mix the dose in water, juice or milk or as directed.
Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment. Take this drug regularly to experience the most benefits. You should also take this drug at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
KI Oral Solution may interact with medications such as:
- ACE inhibitors such as:
- or Lisinopril
- Angiotensin receptor blockers such as:
- or Valsartan
- Potassium-sparing diuretics such as:
- or Triamterene
- Potassium-containing drugs or supplements such as:
- Potassium chloride
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following:
- Allergy to potassium iodide or to iodine
- Current attack or worsening of bronchitis
- Dermatitis herpetiformis
- Nodular thyroid disease with heart disease
- Multinodular goiter, Graves' disease or autoimmune thyroiditis
- Overactive thyroid disease
- High potassium blood level
- Kidney disease
- Addison's disease
- Pregnancy or lactation