Psychologist Questions Psychologist

Can a psychologist help with geriatric anxiety?

I am 63 year old male. I want to know if a psychologist can help with geriatric anxiety?

3 Answers

Absolutely. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the gold standard treatment for anxiety. They can help you explore what is leading to the anxiety and then work through the core things that are triggering anxiety symptoms. It is truly amazing!
Thanks for your question.
There is no such thing as geriatric anxiety - it is anxiety (of course, need to rule out depression also; they almost always coexist). Yes, a psychologist can asses you, and if you need a psychiatrist or a geriatrician, they can refer you to a specialist.


This link provides you with some insight into your question:,and%20an%20inability%20to%20relax.