Dentist Questions Dentist

How is dental bone loss treated?

I am a 27 year old female. I want to know how is dental bone loss treated?

3 Answers

First you need to do in-office deep cleaning to stop the disease and educate you on what you need to do better.
I have to assume you’re taking about dental bone loss due to periodontal disease (gum disease). When there is substantial bone loss, it is imperative that the periodontal disease is treated by a periodontist (a dental specialist) in order to stop the progression of the disease. It is almost impossible to replace the bone loss successfully, even though local bone grafts work to support a dental implant, larger areas of bone loss usually do not allow for replacement.

In the dental office, it is treated with a deep cleaning (scaling and root planing). At home, you treat it with improved hygiene techniques.