Emergency Physician Questions Emergency Physician

Can you pop a dislocated finger back in place?

I am a 19 year old male. I wonder if I can pop a dislocated finger back in place?

7 Answers

Yes you could but recommend that you see a doctor
Yes; then tape it up tightly.
You can, and I have placed joints of the fingers back into place many times, but you at least need a followup X-ray. It is best to let a trained physician do this procedure, but if you are where you cannot reach one, you can place it back into proper alignment, splint and follow- up as soon as possible
You may be able to, but you need to know also if it is fractured. I advise you seek medical attention.
It’s better to see a hand specialist.