OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) Questions OB-GYN

How can I get birth control pills?

I am a 23 year old female. I want to start using birth control pills. How can I get birth control pills?

3 Answers


You have to make an appointment with an OB/GYN or go to Planned Parenthood.

Joseph A. Adashek, MD FACOG
Make an appt with a gyn! Or you can go to planned parenthood!
Birth control pills are by prescription only in the US. You have to see your gynecologist or primary care doctor. You can also go to Planned Parenthood or a family planning center for a prescription. If you are a full time college student, you should be able to get them from your student health center.