Pathologist Questions Melanoma

Should I get tests if I might have melanoma?

I'm 37, and I think I have melanoma. There's a mole on my arm that never was there before, and it's really concerning me. Should I get this tested?

2 Answers

Yes. Your doctor needs to refer you to a dermatologist who can examine and remove the lesion, so it can be tested by the pathologist.
Good luck.

RB Thomas, MD
Yes, definitely, you need to be seen by a dermatologist and/or have a biopsy or excision of the lesion.